Overview of Position
QR Code Link to This Post
The mechanic is to diagnose and repair vehicles, boats, buses and equipment, both gas and diesel.
Description of Duties
The mechanic is responsible for the following:
- Diagnostic, repair and maintenance of all vehicles, boats, buses and equipment such as generators, mowers, back hoes, trailers, dump trucks and other small engines.
- Creates and completes all repair orders.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Keeps work area clean and neat and free from clutter.
- At least 3 years mechanical experience or graduation from an accredited school.
- Attend classes and pursue certification at Honda University
- Possess a class B driver’s license or willingness to obtain one.
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment.
- Attends training classes and keeps up with industry standards.
Other Requirements and Characteristics
- Ability to weld and properly use metal cutting equipment a plus.
- Own your set of mechanic tools
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
- Professional appearance.
- Demonstrate professional skills.
- Team player detail oriented.
- Dent repair and painting is a plus.
• Commitment – to Christ and to the mission and vision of Kanakuk
• Integrity – in all matters
• Discretion – the ability to handle restricted and confidential information in a professional manner and maintain the information with total confidentiality
• Discernment – the ability to use sound judgment in the decision-making process
About Kanakuk Ministries
• Vision: Evangelizing and equipping the next generation to reach the world for Christ
• Mission: Kanakuk Ministries develops dynamic Christian leaders through life changing experiences, Godly relationships, and spiritual training.